We all know the importance of social media. How we spend many hours on it unknowingly. It is a game-changing platform for every business. Social media is ever-changing so to master it today we will learn a few principles. Therefore, you’ll be able to build a powerful brand that connects with customers for a fraction of the cost that your biggest competitors spend.
1) Do What You Do, and Do It Well: You don’t have to engage every social media platform. Choose the ones you are good at, and master those. If a network is helpful in your industry and you can’t seem to conquer it, outsource it.
2) Speak to People the Way They Need to Hear It, Not the Way You Want to Say It: You must intentionally craft your words, posts and marketing statements for your individual audience. Be considerate enough to change your style to accommodate your customers’ needs, culture, or beliefs. It shows empathy. And speaking empathetically is not being inauthentic, it’s being attentive.
3) Every Post Has a Purpose: Before you engage on a particular social network, determine the goals you hope to achieve there. Craft your posts with a purpose in mind or otherwise it is a waste of energy.
4) Timing Matters: The why and what of your posts are most important, but when must not be ignored. Research each platform to determine the best times to post there.
5) Be Real, but Not Too Real: People on social media because they want to be entertained and educated, but also to connect with real people. They want to be given a peek into your life. But At the same time, don’t spam them with unwanted posts. Maintain Authenticity, Transparency and Vulnerability.
6) Embrace the Resistance: Bullies and Haters are just a part of the game. Handle it with silence. Online influence is not the faint of heart.
Theodore Roosevelt said,” Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”